Saturday, September 11, 2010

Week In Review


I gained a little this week. I totally expected to have a small loss, since as I mentioned early in the week, I did not exercise AT ALL. However, I wasn't really expecting a gain. I ate well, used most (but not all) of my weekly points, and made sure to drink lots of water. It's a bit frustrating to gain, especially since my past shows me that my body loves to hover around that 170 mark for long periods of time. I definitely don't want to think that I'm going to be bouncing in and out of the 170's for months, so I hope this was the kick in the pants I needed to MAKE time for exercise. Since this weigh in on Tuesday, I have been out running my power line intervals with the pup on days when I get home before dark. I have been trying not to obsess about getting APs, but focus more on the enjoyment of what I'm doing for exercise. I am also trying not to beat myself up on days when I just don't fit in any exercise. It happens. Like my mom likes to say "Bridge it and get over it."

Accomplishments of the Week:

This week I kicked ass because:
1) I tried one new recipe - This was not as many as I had planned, but again I was struggling with finding that balance between going back to work and cooking, exercising, and making time for me! So I was happy to have made something new at all!

Lately I have been really loving the recipes featured on the WW website. I never used to be a huge fan of most WW recipes, because they always seemed to be lacking something but they have really stepped it up over there! This week my new recipe was "Tomato, Basil, and Mozzarella Pasta Salad" which was a refreshing summer treat.

In our house, we LOVE pasta salad and it's really hard to find a satisfying healthier replacement to the traditional version we crave. I really enjoyed this salad! It was whole wheat pasta, fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes (from the garden), fresh basil (from my herb garden), oregano, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. Super healthy and super delicious. The hub said it was a little dry for him, he wanted more oil. I told him to suck it up, it was healthy! But I liked it a lot and took the leftovers for lunch the next day!

2) I planned ahead and packed awesome lunches - One thing I have relied on in the past and am trying to get away from is eating frozen meals for lunches at work. It's so convenient, but I know I can make much healthier lunches by just preparing ahead of time. Every day of work so far I have packed my lunch the night before (even using leftovers, which I usually forget to do!) and I'm really hoping to keep that up. Obviously there is nothing wrong with frozen meals occasionally, but I find myself jumping on the whole foods bandwagon more and more all the time, so packing something I made is just a better option for me.

Goals for Next Week

Next week I will kick ass because I plan to:
1) Report to this blog on time - I'm really trying to use this as a tool to keep myself weighing in, attending meetings, and being overall accountable. I feel like I really stink at it when I weighed in on Tuesday, attended my meeting on Wednesday, and am finally getting around to reporting on things on Saturday! I am about to start a second job, too (more on that another time) so my schedule will be even crazier. BUT, I really am going to work on writing posts on time.

2) Work in some exercise - As mentioned above, I have already been working on this. I am not going to get caught up in obsessing about how much I exercise or get upset on days when I don't work it into my schedule. I'm going to be more laid back about it, do it when I have time, enjoy it, and reap the benefits that I know will come. I can feel my heart getting healthier all the time!

3) Be the healthy tailgating buzz kill - I love fall because I love going to football games. My team is playing its home opener tomorrow and I will be going to the game with a large groups of friends. We are arriving when the parking lots open, at 8:00am and will be eating, drinking, and having a generally great time all day. I have a master plan to keep tailgating from ruining my healthy lifestyle... I will be posting later with my healthy tailgating tips so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment