Thursday, August 19, 2010

Is my arm fat showing?

I have an unhealthy obsession with arm fat. I worry that it is jiggling while I exercise. I'm afraid to reach for things on high shelves because it exposes that oh-so-tender underarm area. I have perfected the technique of writing on my white board at school with my upper arm pushed tightly against my side (the last thing I want is my students to notice my arm fat waving at them!). And maybe worst of all... while having my wedding photos taken I asked my bridesmaids to please be on "arm fat patrol". I am not exaggerating when I tell you that I probably asked them 20 times that day if my arm fat was showing!

Today I published this blog and the first thing I did was report to the WW message boards for a little shameless self-promotion. The positive response I received after people looked at my pictures absolutely floored me. I have never in a million years thought of myself as "beautiful". In my mind I'm your everyday, average girl-next-door. But that was the response I got, and it made me feel so proud of how far I have come and so inspired to keep up the fight. And you know what? Not one person commented on my arm fat! Lesson learned, point taken...

Good luck and stay healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment